Our national staff needs to have a profile for each state. You can help us by researching some or all of the following things. Don’t worry, you’re part of a team! We will work together to learn about your state.
Overview of political process for both Democrats and Republicans
- Does the state have a primary or caucus system?
- Who can attend local, regional, and state meetings?
- Who can vote at each meeting?
- Regional Party Conventions
- State Party Conventions
- When is the Party Platform drafted?
- When is the Party Platform voted on and adopted?
Is there a State Party Policy Platform Committee?
- How do people become members? (i.e. are they elected or appointed?)
- When does this happen?
- When do they meet?
- Who is on the committee?
- How can they be contacted?
What the current status of caregiver support available in the state?
- What are the gaps?
- How do caregivers find information?
- How do they pay for support?
- What impact does this have on their family?
- What impact does this have on their personal well-being?
- What impact does this have on their employment?
Who else is already working on these issues in the state?
- Identify businesses, nonprofit organizations, caregiver support groups, advocacy organizations, that are working to support caregivers; it is helpful to have both an organization’s name and the lead person’s contact information.