Home > Texas > Texas Key Issues
Suggested Platform Planks
Read our page for Caregiver Platform Planks.
Recommendations for Texas from the Alzheimer’s Association
- Assess caregivers on their experiences in obtaining access to needed information and services.
- Partner with at least one Texas health care system or group of primary care physicians to pilot test an evidence-based approach to identification, assessment, and support of Alzheimer’s disease caregivers within health care settings.
- Establish a translational research workgroup to explore opportunities for implementing an evidence-based caregiver support program into a large health care system or within a group of primary care physicians in Texas.
- Promote integration of Alzheimer’s disease caregiver support services into Texas health care system(s), providers, and other health care-related organizations.
- Encourage partnerships between Alzheimer’s disease support service organizations, such as the Alzheimer’s Association and local Area Agencies on Aging, and health care systems to facilitate caregiver access to support services.
- Identify potential sources of financial support for health care systems or physicians who provide support services to Alzheimer’s disease caregivers; for example, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) demonstration projects, CMS waivers, and Medicaid Waiver programs.