Suggested Platform Planks
Read our page for caregiver platform planks.
Recommendations for Massachusetts from the Alzheimer’s Association
- Assess barriers to families living with younger-onset Alzheimer’s and develop strategies to enhance support for these families.
- Coordinate widespread dissemination of multilingual information about the disease process, living with Alzheimer’s, and caregiving strategies.
- Assess state and private sector ability to offer enhanced financial incentives, including tax credits or paid time off, for those who give up their income to be full-time caregivers for family members with Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
- Collaborate with community partners to recruit support group leaders and maintain support groups in their communities.
- Diversify the support group models to include in-person, telephone, and online support groups.
- Work with the Alzheimer’s Association and other community partners to deliver community based and online educational programs for caregivers.