Illinois Republican Party Platform Submission
In May, 2016, Illinois resident and caregiver advocate, Debra Kelsey-Davis, submitted language to the Illinois Republican Party Platform Committee to support family caregiving in the 2016 platform. Debra suggested 5 different planks that could be added to the “Enhancing Health Care for Illinois Citizens” section of the new platform.
- Our party recognizes the value of family caregivers and the importance of their role.
- We support creation of volunteer-based initiatives to provide non-medical assistance and companionship to frail elders.
- We encourage both public and private initiatives aimed at expanding the availability of training and support groups for family caregivers.
- We encourage programs that help family caregivers take care of their own needs.
- We encourage employers to support their workers during difficult family times, recognizing the impact of caregiving.
The Illinois Republican Party 2016 Platfom, which does not address caregiver issues, can be viewed at:
Illinois Republican Party Springfield Office
P.O. Box 78
Springfield, IL 62705
Illinois Republican Party Chicago Office
P.O. Box 64897
Chicago, IL 60664
The Illinois Republican Party held its State Convention on May 19-21, 2016 in Peoria.