The South Carolina Republican Party adopted a platform in 2016. in the section entitled “Senior Citizens” the following text appears:
“With high regard for our senior citizens, the Party favors governmental actions which will result in the following:
1. Providing re-entry of able retired persons into secondary employment programs
2. Removing Social Security penalties for wage earning senior citizens
3. Reforming Medicare to meet the Medicare trustees’ own solvency test
4. Supporting cost effective methods of keeping the elderly in their homes and providing institutionalization only as a last resort
5. Supporting education, research, and training in geriatrics and gerontology
6. Establishing tax credits to allow family members to lovingly care for their own elderly”
South Carolina Republican Party Platform:
South Carolina Republican Party Headquarters
1913 Marion Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Key dates for South Carolina Republicans
- County conventions were held on March 12, 2016.
- The Republican Party of South Carolina held its state convention on May 7, 2016 in Columbia.
- Alzheimer’s Association South Carolina Chapter: